Wednesday, June 18, 2008

VBS - "Outrigger Island"

Our church's Vacation Bible School theme this year was "Outrigger Island." Gracie was in my class, and we had so much fun! We all wore tropical clothes/accessories and did the hula while we sang about God. I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures while the kids were singing. Below is my very own special monkey (born in the year of the monkey.) She picked out her dress this day. I had something else in mind, but she really wanted to wear this one.


Singing and praising Him with Tanyah and Hannah Grace.


They got to use (new) flip-flops as musical instruments to play along with the song.
Here they are "being waves" with the music and streamers... moving with the tempo and pitch (slow and low, etc...)
Mommy and my little Hula Girl. She's growing SO fast!
*** Oh! and I just want to clarify that I don't feed my kids tons of junk! On the video post below, I mention ice cream and a cookie... In my defense, we had celebrated Daddy's birthday! I know you were all thinking, "Ice cream AND a cookie!!??!!" ;-)


8 comments:

Sophie's Mom said...

Wait till you come to my house... I'll be offering ice cream... and cookies... and maybe even popcorn!!

Wow, you guys go all out for VBS! Looks like a blast. Love the monkey dress, so cute! Sophia won't participate in 'active' stuff like that (in a group anyway), she'll stand back and watch and enjoy. I think it's too many people and too much noise/chaos for her!

Love the picture of you and Gracie. You're looking good Mom... you've so been dieting, fess up!

Nilla said...

I like the monkey dress :). It fits the tropical theme nicely. We had lots of monkeys where I was born :).

RamblingMother said...

Looks like fun. Glenys missed the Outrigger VBS at her SBC dayschool. She had strep during it. Oh well, it looked like fun. Maybe next year.

missy said...

What a fun VBS!!! Looks like Gracie is having a ball and how blessed are you to be her teacher? I pray that God makes himself known in all of the little children's hearts.

Beautiful picture of you and your girl! : )

Anonymous said...

Precious!!! I loved VBS growing up~ Bella goes next week hope she has as much fun!

my3 kids said...

It looks like you all had a great time. Very cute dress and such beautiful kids you have:)

Tracy said...

LOL - that thought did not occur to me when I watched the video ;) I think we all feed our kids junk at times.

And such cute Gracie pics as always - and you look great, too!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just love looking at your pictures... I LOVE that picture of you and Gracie... you look AMAZING!!! Stunning, gorgeous, etc.
Love you!