Sunday, May 18, 2008

Gracie's bedtime prayer

As we are tucking into bed and saying night-night Gracie decides she wants to say a "prayer like Mommy's" She is VERY original... "Dear Lord, Thank you for my window, thank you for my door, thank you for my arm, thank you for my screws and "otherone" tools, thank you for...my ceiling, and thank you for my feet! Jesus, Amen!" When I told her I loved her prayer, she said, "But it was a silly one!" I took the opportunity to explain that we should be thankful for those things because some people don't have a ceiling to keep the rain from falling on them and some people don't have feet to walk with, etc... Hopefully she processed the mini-lesson. I just wanted to share her "Gracie-moment" with my blogger friends because I thought it was cute even though she thought she was being precocious. That's my girl!

6 comments:

Nilla said...

And I applaud you for taking the opportunity to share that lesson with her. Because of the way you did it, I am almost sure she will learn that lesson well. You are a great mom, and great moms see the teaching opportunities in moments like these! (And sorry for blog-stalking you... this is Hila :)).

mommy24treasures said...

oh that is too sweet.... I am sure it did make her think. I think our Heavenly Father loves the sillyness of children.

Sophie's Mom said...

Awwww... I remember Noah at that age praying at dinner, and opening one eye and looking around the room to think of thing to thank God for. 'Thank you for the glass, thank you for the plate...'

Sometimes it was hard to hold back the giggles, he would go on and on!

Can't wait to see your girl!

Anonymous said...

Her prayer was precious. thank you for sharing!!!

Yes, we are near the fires, the smoke has gotten worse during our time away, we could smell it the moment we got out of the airport. Ask Gracie to pray a prayer for the people in Florida.

Have a wonderful night,

Krista

Tracy said...

I love how you turned it into a lesson!

Lisa said...

SO sweet! We do need to be thankful for those things. So precious!
When you decide to make your way up to Birmingham, let me know and We can try to plan a day for you to meet several blog buddies.