Sunday, November 2, 2008

Update...

I want to thank all of my bloggy friends for your prayers and words of encouragement. This has been a very trying time for our family. We feel God at work and see his love pouring out through the generosity of others. My administration and coworkers at my new school have been tremendous blessings to us. Harry had heard nothing in 3 weeks and then this week, he had 2 interviews. He REALLY felt like one of them is where he is supposed to be, but we haven't heard back from them. The other place, a car lot, is very interested, but the money is not enough to support us in the long run. We are thinking he will take this job with the understanding that he is still looking for something in his field of expertise (computers)... We are so grateful for this opportunity and can hardly wait to see God's plan for Harry unfold. I've missed you all so much! Love, Nicole

7 comments:

missy said...

You have certainly been in my thoughts and prayers. I just know that there is something out there for your husband. It's unfortunate that teachers don't make more, huh? I don't know about you, but I certainly don't teach for the money, but I do think we should be paid more.

Anyway, a positive note to leave you with...my friend's husband is in the computer field, too. He was laid off a few months ago and just this past week received a dream offer. I know jobs are out there. Continuing to pray for you all!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, Nicole - I have been thinking of your family & wondering what God has in store for you! Sometimes it is so hard to see how His plan is working in our lives. I love your faith in Him and that you are resting in His Sovereignty and knowing that He will provide...

Our Complete Family said...

You guys are a strong family. Good for you for staying positive and strong. What faith you have and also being able to be a good teacher for all of us blogland friends of yours? Amazing!
Lots of hugs and prayers~ Les

mommy24treasures said...

I will continue to pray the perfect opportunity comes Harry's way.
Love
Connie

Harryc said...

Thank you all for your prayers. I can feel feel them work everyday in my walk with God. I know he continues to bless our family and he will continue to bless yours.

Tracy said...

Thank you for posting again - I have been worried about you! I agree with the others - you are a strong family with so much faith.

Back in 2006 while we were waiting for Charlotte, Adam lost his contracting job. We absolutely cannot live on one income, so he found a job at a landscaping company in the meantime. The guy he worked for was so cool and understanding. He knew that Adam was taking the job to get by and that he would continue to look for jobs in his field and would leave the landscaping job when he found a job in his field. That happenned about a month later, thankfully. But, I will always have a special place in my heart for that man who let Adam work for him when we needed it. He was an angel to us!

I will continue to pray for you!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Nicole, hang in there! Prayers are being prayed for y'all!