Thursday, November 20, 2008

So Long to Summer...

We went to the beach with Nana, my brother, Shawn, KK, and Ethan the last weekend in September to enjoy the last weekend of Summer. We had a great little townhouse a block from the beach. The kids had a great time and so did the grown-ups! The weather was perfect! We even surprised Gracie with a dinner at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville restaurant (she LOVES him... See June post to check out her rendition of Buffet's "Fins") There were pirates on stilts who made balloon hats and parrots. The walls and ceiling were painted to look like treasure maps, and there were boat booths and a cargo plane was hanging right over our table. When the song Margaritaville came on, a disco ball with an attached salt shaker came down out of the plane. It was alot of fun, and the food was good. ((I had SUCH a hard time narrowing down which pictures to post. Maybe I'll randomly post some of the others when I get a chance, but for now please forgive my indulgence... and there is a video that is 3 and a half minutes. I understand if you're not interested, (but I want in on the blog for the kids to see someday. For some reason, I can't figure to how to copy it to disk from computer, so... I tried to upload it and after 20 minutes loading, it said there was an error. I'll try again tomorrow...)






Ethan and Gracie in front of Margaritaville



Harrison's sweet-feet in the sand

Gracie's tiny tootsie's too

Harry thinks this one looks like a postcard or ad for an island vacation. (I would follow this girl anywhere!)


"Got sand? I do!"


Nana and Harrison chilling on the blanket. We had just watched a wedding at the house right beside where we sat.

I just LOVE this one of Ethan!




Sportin' their hats 'cause that's how they roll!!

Nana and the kiddos




My movie star in her "coolest shades EVER!"

Running away from the waves kept them bust for quite a while! It's so fun to watch her innocence and pure joy in life. I wish I could bottle it up and save it for the times in the future when she will experience uncertainty and difficulties of adolescence. My heart aches at the thought that she will have aches I will not be able to kiss and make better at some point. Harry thinks I 'm crazy that I've thought that far ahead. Maybe it's a Mom-thing... or maybe I really am a bit crazy...

So long to Summer... We'll see you next year!

9 comments:

Missy said...

These are the BEST pictures!!! I love all of them and couldn't pick a fav even if I tried.

I love what you wrote about being blissful now and wanting to protect them from hurt. I feel the same way.

Like my mom says, YES YOU ARE CRAZY...crazy in love with those kids! : )

PS-Nana doesn't look old enough to be a "nana". She is so lovely!

Tyler and Ethans Mom said...

I really enjoyed ya'll going with us. I know the kids had a blast. I was hoping we could go back before it got so cold. We always have next year!!!!!!!!

Sophie's Mom said...

So unfair. You're at the beach, and I'm scraping frost off the windshield before I can go anywhere. Seriously!

Looks like you guys had a blast. My favorite picture is the very last one. Love it.

Missing those kiddos...

Our Complete Family said...

Boy does it look like you guys had fun! So glad about that! Isn't it refreshing to get away?!?
~ Les

mommy24treasures said...

oh that bikini is too cute! Harrison is growing like crazy!
love the tootsie pics:)

Football and Fried Rice said...

Can I just say that that bikini is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!

And P.S. from me too - I was sitting here wishing I looked as good as NANA. Seriously, she is beautiful & looks so energetic!!

Lisa said...

You got some great shots! Nana looks great! I hope I look half that good when I am a Nana. They are getting so big. Harrsion is such a handsome little boy. Gracie is as beautiful as ever!

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

Had to repost due to my typos...

That is the cutest bikini ever!

Love the beach pics - I wish we lived near a beach. The toe pics in the sand are too sweet!