Saturday, November 15, 2008

Turning 4 in the Land of OZ

Welcome to the land of Oz!

Gracie/Dorothy turned 4 on October 11th. She has been obsessed with the movie for over a year. She wanted to have an Oz party, so I obliged. I made a yellow brick road to cover the LONG sidewalk leading up to the house (we had the party at my BFF's house. They have a great screened in porch) There was a sign by the doorbell that quoted the one in the movie about knocking because the doorbell is broken. Below is Dorothy beside the Pin the Heart on the Tin Man game. It turned out really cute!

We had all kinds of costumes that we borrowed from our local theater group so the girls could dress up like the witch and munchkins. the girls enjoyed that too.

We had mini subs ("Munchkins Subs"), Pretzel sticks ("Broomsticks"), and Melted Witch Punch...

My art teacher at school made a tree (even better than I had expected it to look!) We used it for the Apple Toss game. It was supposed to be like when the Scarecrow and Dorothy pick apples off the tree, and the trees throw them at the pair. I had some soft apples we got for relieving stress at the beginning of the school year. The kids had to throw the apples through the hole in the tree.


Aww... Harrison was here too, but I couldn't get him to stand still long enough to get a pic.

10 comments:

Mendy said...

That is adorable! Happy Belated Birthday, Gracie!

Missy said...

WOW!!! Gracie is one very lucky little girl. What a great party! The props were amazing and I love the punch.

Happy Birthday Gracie!

juliebean said...

that is awesome.

Sophie's Mom said...

Wow, you really know how to throw a party! How clever!! Lucky Gracie. Well, I'm back, stop by and say hi. I've got a new home phone, I'll email you with the number soon. Free calling anywhere in the us. I need to call so we can catch up! :)

Love,
Christine

Karen Boyer said...

Nicole-
hope that you are well.
I just love this party you did for Gracie. How creative and fun. So great that she is in to one of the more classic stories. Happy birthday to Miss Gracie!

Nilla said...

Cool! And love the Oz-food motif :). So cute! (I might have to steal that punch with the hat idea...)

RamblingMother said...

cute bday party.

Our Complete Family said...

Well hello Miss Party Planner! What an awesome time you all must have had. Such special wonderful memories to hold in your heart!
You rock!
~ Les

Sonya said...

WOW!! AWESOME PARTY!!!

Tracy said...

Cool party! We both have adorable and sweet Dorothys!