Friday, September 26, 2008

Something I borrowed...

I read this on Krista's blog and just had to borrow it. It is wonderfully put! Have a great weekend...

How to really love a child, by Sark



Be there. Say yes as often as possible. Let them bang on pots and pans. If they’re cranky, put them in water. Realize how important it is to be a child. Go to the movie theatre in your pajamas. Read books out loud with joy. Invent. Remember how small they really are. Giggle. Giggle a lot. Surprise them. Say no when necessary. Teach feelings. Heal your own inner child. Learn about parenting. Hug trees together. Make loving safe. Bake a cake and eat it with no hands. Go find elephants and kiss them. Plan to build a rocket ship. Imagine yourself magic. Makes lots of forts with blankets. Let your angel fly. Reveal your own dreams. Search out the positive. Keep the gleam in your eye. Write letters to God. Encourage silly. Plant licorice in your garden. Open up. Stop yelling. Express your love. A lot! Speak kindly. Paint their tennis shoes. Handle with care. Always remember ~ Children are miraculous

7 comments:

Our Complete Family said...

Wonderful! What a great post for me to read and remember! Happy Monday wishes to you~ Les

Anonymous said...

Loved re reading this!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I love, love, love this!!!

Tracy said...

I love that!

And hey - Halloween is coming, and we finally get to bring Charlotte to a pumpkin patch. Something I have dreamed about doing since I first saw pics of Gracie in a pumpkin patch. You have no idea how much that image kept me going throughout our long wait!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

I am in tears. How perfectly written that is!

missy said...

I love this!!! I needed to read this today! Thanks sweet friend for posting something so true!

You have a heart of gold!

Sophie's Mom said...

How's the birthday girl? xoxo