Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ivy turns 6!

So, Gracie tells me the other night as I'm tucking her into bed that the next day would be her doll, Ivy's, 6th birthday and she was going to need a party. I scrambled to "throw" something together the next day and even called my mom who was coming over that night. I warned her she might not want to come empty handed. Nana brought a Snow White dress up outfit for Gracie and a card for Ivy...

Ivy had to blow out her candle after we sang the Happy Birthday song...( the brownie bites were delish!) Gracie had to help Ivy take a bite...

Gracie wrapped up a couple of things from her room for the "birthday girl"... Here she is opening baby powder...

Reading Nana's card...

Opening the gift I "got" her...

I know Ivy had a great birthday, but I think we may have created a birthday monster. The very next day she informed me it was a different doll's birthday, so we threw together another impromptu bday party... and I bet you can't guess what my little angel told that night as I was tucking her into bed... That's right! The next day would be TWO of her other dolls' birthday... Needless to say, I had to stop the trips to Winn Dixie's bakery dept, and we are just pretending to have cake... I might be able to lose some weight if all these baby dolls would stop having birthday parties!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my, that is too funny Nicole! Is Gracie going to be Snow White for Halloween? Love the zoo pics, how far away is Tennessee? I wish we had a zoo close, Fort Worth would be the closest for us. By the way Gracie's lashes are gorgeous!!!

missy said...

This is SO cute! What an awesome mommy you are to bring Ivy's birthday to fruition! Paige loves American Girl dolls, too.

I just read your comment on my blog about teaching 8th grade special ed. I know you are making a difference in their lives...hang in there, my friend!!! September is always a tough month : )

juliebean said...

That is too funny. You have to be the greatest mommy in the world. I love it!!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday, Ivy! You are too sweet to throw a party for her doll! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Ivy! Love looking at all her photos!!!

I believe you may have just been entered in to the BEST MOMMY of the Year contest!!!

RamblingMother said...

I like her idea. Birthdays are fun to celebrate even if it is the dolls.

mommy24treasures said...

oh that is so funny! What a smart girl!

Sophie's Mom said...

Oh, that is just hilarious! Gracie is such a smart girl! So glad you called tonight - you called at the perfect time. Sorry I didn't have more time to talk. Love to you all!
Christine

2China4Ayla said...

Ok, this is just too precious! I love it - I love Gracie's imagination and I love how you flow with it. SWEET!