Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 3 in our new FAVORITE place... Maine!

On day 3, we had a loose, unplanned day of eating, shopping, sliding, and roasting. Ted took Harry and Noah to check on Diesel and they ended up taking a nice walk with the big dog and stopping for lunch along the river. Harry thought it was really cool and the sandwich was great too! Christine took me, Gracie, Sophie, and Harrison to Hallowell to eat lunch at the family's favorite Chinese place and then we walked around the quaint town's downtown stopping in a few antique stores. Then Christine introduced me to the Christmas Tree Shop... VERY cool store with wonderful prices. I got a few things that I thought I would have to ship home because we were already crammed full in the luggage department on the way up to Maine, but thankfully the awesome hosts provided us with a loaner suitcase to get home with. I know, how much better can it get!?!) Sophia is showing us how it is done.
Gracie wants to taste the fortune I guess! (We had to get a nose hair trimmer when we returned home... Gracie loves using it herself! - wink wink Noah!)

Sophie too... What a cutie!

Can anyone guess what Harrison is doing? (I know he'll be embarrassed someday, but Christine reminded me that memory fades and photos generally don't. I never want to forget that adorable "busy" face!) Thanks, Christine!

Both Christine and I had purchased matching dresses for the girls as I mentioned in Day 1's post. These were the ones I picked out for them.

I like to call this one..."Girls Getting Along"


When we finished shopping, we went back to the house and Ted set up the water slide in the front yard for the kids. Gracie and Noah had a blast, but Sophie was not interested.

Harrison got to put his feet in the bottom. The water is ice cold well water that was probably the best tasting water EVER! Did I mention it was COLD!?!

Airborne!!

Can you hear the squeals of delight?

Did I mention it was COLD? ;-)


After dinner, Ted set up a campfire down by the swing set in the fire pit and his brother's family came over and everyone roasted marshmallows and made Smores. Yummy! Except for a few uninvited mosquitoes, it was the perfect ending to a perfectly fun time. (Harrison was still a little under the weather, but a trooper as always.)
Don't forget to read Christine's perspective and see more pictures. I did use some of the same because they were precious... but you'll enjoy seeing them again anyway I hope!
Check back far the last day of our Maine vacation coming soon...

7 comments:

Sonya said...

Those are GREAT PICS!!! What a BLAST!

Ashton said...

Those pix are just precious!!! :o)

Sophie's Mom said...

It is impossible not to grin when looking at those pictures. That last one is great, it pretty much proves how cold the water was!

Glad you mentioned the campfire, I had almost forgotten, must be because I didn't have a picture of the campfire. What was I thinking???

Harrison's 'pooping face' is sooo hilarious. Oh yes, that will certainly come back to haunt him!

You know it's been raining so much since you've gone home, almost daily for 3 weeks. Paige had a total wash out at camp this week. The grass is so long, but it won't get dry enough to mow it before it rains again! You picked the right week to come, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures and precious little ones!!! Looks like y'all are havng a blast.

missy said...

These are such great pictures!!! I love the noodle slurping pics :)

I also cracked up at Harrison's little poopy face...so funny! Now you have something to pull out when he gets his first girlfriend : )

mommy24treasures said...

I am justy so glad you had such a wonderful time:) Great pics of wonderful memories.

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! I love the fortune tasting :)!