Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 1 in Maine- Continued...

After lunch and "tasting" our favorite family took us to Bailey Island. It was beautiful. There is a rocky coastline and a really cool gift shop with great prices. It was a great place to rest and watch the kids (and Harry) search for shells, rocks, crabs, etc. It was perfect timing with low tide. The weather up there is wonderful. Not too hot or humid like we have in the South. I ended up having pretty good hair days! Christine and I both ended up getting the girls matching dresses. Below the girls are in the ones from Christine. We got the girls "lobstah" lollipops in the gift shop for them to eat on the drive home. (You're welcome Ted!) The girls rode everywhere with the Daddies, so we ladies had no lollipop aftermath! We had to take 2 vehicles everywhere as our crew was pretty massive. It was nice though. It gave us girls time to catch up and the guys were able to talk about whatever guys do, with the exception of two VERY talkative preschoolers interjecting every now and then! The other bonus of having the girls ride with their daddies is that my Gracie has a tendency to get the "urge" to check out random restrooms pretty frequently, so they had to make more stops on all our road trips (You're welcome again Ted!) "Boy, are these lollipops WICKED good!" (See, we blended right in! Although, I did have a few people tell me I have an accent!)
Best Friends
Harrison was REALLY happy tucked up against pretty Paige. She was so helpful with the kids. She is a wonderful young lady with cool shades!
Finally in MAINE!!
Sweet boy! Christine was so sweet to take all the pictures for me because I forgot to bring my battery charger for my camera. She is really very talented, and I am really very grateful!
Here are the girls being goofy.
More goofy girls!
Here is a pretty rock Gracie is showing off. "Look at this one Mommy!"
Sophie found one too!

I LOVE this one of Baby Boy! He came down with a fever of 103.5 the night before we flew to Maine, and it continued for 3 days, yet he kept a smile on his face pretty much the entire time. He is a great baby. We got some great souvenirs in the gift shop, and then headed home to have awesome spaghetti (finally) and relax on the perfect front porch in the comfy chairs... more to come... check back for Day 2 details and don't forget to visit Christine's version too!



4 comments:

Sophie's Mom said...

I can't stop smiling reading your post, and looking at those pictures. Good times!!!! How fun it would be to look forward to this every summer!!! I can hope, right? My post is coming soon....

mommy24treasures said...

your trip sounds spectacular:)
I am so glad you had such a wonderful time. There is just something extra special about getting together with others who share the bond of adoption. That red thread is pretty amazing:)

Tracy said...

Such a trooper - happy even when he is sick! And the pics of the girls are so precious. What a wonderful trip.

Sonya said...

WOW!!! What a GREAT trip!!! LOVE ALL THE PICS!