Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ready for a bra!?!?

Ok, so yesterday as I was getting dressed, Gracie hands me my shoes and pants, etc. She tells me, "Mommy, I need a bra too." I replied, "When you are a big girl you will get one." She thought for a minute and said, "But I am a big girl!" (Seeing as how she just turned 3 and we made SUCH a big deal about her being a "big girl", this makes perfect sense to both of us.) I explained, "Yes, you are such a big girl, but I mean when you are even bigger. Maybe around the time you turn 12." Gracie seemed satisfied and went to her room. A little while later she comes into the kitchen grinning proudly... "Mommy look! I opened this all by myself!" (She was holding a Barbie outfit she had received as a birthday gift.) I told her how proud I was and agreed that she was indeed a big girl. Her appropriate response?... "Can I have my bra now?"

How's that for logic?

1 comment:

Sophie's Mom said...

LOL! That girl doesn't miss a beat, does she? You're in trouble when she gets older, but you knew that already, didn't you! ;)