Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Gotcha Day #2!

Gracie's referral picture from Guangchang SWI in Jiangxi, China
As they entered the room with our angel from Heaven on 9-11-05

On this day in 2005, I became Mommy to the most beautiful little answered prayer I had ever seen. All my years of waiting, crying, and begging God to answer my prayers were forgotten the moment I took her into my arms. We are so blessed! I am overwhelmed with emotion as I relive that glorious day in China. I would not change a moment of the journey that led us to Ella Grace FeiLi Chenoweth! After returning to the hotel, we bathed her. She loved the water and Daddy taught her how to splash!

September 2007... 2 years after joining our family, Gracie is a thriving, independent, and brilliant child who amazes us every day! I look forward to celebrating future Gotcha Days as we try to share the memories and dreams we have with Gracie as she grows into a young woman. I will post more pictures from our little family celebration tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sophie's Mom said...

I can't even believe it's been 2 years, seems like yesterday from reading your post!

Beautiful post, Nicole. Makes me miss you guys even more. (tears in eyes)

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't believe it has been two years. I'll never forget the joy I felt for you and Harry when you posted those first pictures and "story" of meeting your daughter for the first time! You are truly blessed! God is good!
Love you guys!