Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hello World!!!

Our last photo as a family of 3...
Harrison Cole Chenoweth was born on August 14th at 1:57 pm and weighed 7lbs 11 oz & 22 inches long! Ouch!
All bundled up and ready to chow! I was in labor for a total of 18 hours from the time I was admitted on Monday night. Little did I know, my water had already broken and I was having small, irregular contractions at the time. No induction necessary!!! I FINALLY got the epidural at 5cm dilated accompanied by VERY intense pain as all you mothers out there already know!!!! Unfortunately, the epidural was beginning to wear off after my 1 hour of pushing, and I felt a little more than I had planned on. He is worth every second of pain! I am actually typing this from the hospital as we have both had some unexpected complications and will continue to have to stay in the hospital until Tuesday night as a precaution while they figure out why my labs are coming back "out of whack" and Harrison is being treated for infection with antibiotics. He is considered healthy, though, so please keep us in your prayers...Gracie too as she is missing us at home, but enjoying time with Nana and Grandma...
The new big sister fresh from a nap in the waiting room while brother made his entrance.
My labor team at the hospital (Nana, Gracie, Daddy, and Grandma)

7 comments:

Sophie's Mom said...

Nicole, you are SUPERWOMAN! Giving birth.. and blogging while still in the hospital! My hats off to you!

Staying till Tuesday now? Ugh.

Harry looks like he's already been through labor in the first picture! Can't wait to talk to you when you have a bit more time.

Big hugs from the Rolfe's!

Handsome fellow you're got there... What does Gracie think of the whole situation?

The Fun Dinsmores said...

Yeah!! We have been anxiously awaiting news of his birth. Girl - enjoy your time in the hospital. Get some sleep while you still can. Mine still wake me up. Gigi and Papa John say congrats!! We are up in the Tennesse mts visiting them. We can't wait to see you all in October. Call me when you get home - while you are lying around watching soap operas and eating bon bons :) Tiffany

Mendy said...

What a handsome boy! I know Gracie is excited to be a new sister! Hope all is well and everyone adjusting well. Can't wait to see you all~ Congratulations~
Mendy

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He is just a doll! You and Harry have been blessed with two beautiful children, God is good! Do you remember when we would sit on my front porch and you would dream of children? Look at you now, Mommy!
Love you!

Unknown said...

Psalms 30:4-5 Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Grandpa Cheny

Jeni said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys. Harrison is beautiful, as is Gracie. I'll try to contact you. I hope all is well. Love you all!

Tracy said...

Harrison is gorgeous! Congratulations! What a beautful boy.

Gracie is so cute in her big sister t-shirt. My niece Ariel has the exact same shirt!

Tracy
LID 11/22/05 - next!